Last modified August 8th, 2016
This policy answers the following questions: What information do we collect about you and how do we use it? Will we share your personal information with third parties? What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information? What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
1. Questions; Contacting Teforia; Reporting Violations.
465 Fairchild Dr. Suite 102
Mountain View, CA 94043
2. User Consent.
3. A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Teforia and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States
5. Types of Data We Collect.
"Personal Data" means (a) data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data, and (b) Teforia Infuser data output that is automatically collected when you use our Teforia Infusers and Application(s), and any additional information (such as the name of the tea and Teforia Infuser settings, etc.) that the user input into the Teforia Infuser and information automatically collected by the Tea Infuser, such as the user’s tea and brewing preference, favorite teas, the times when the user makes tea, etc. (collectively, “Product Data”), to the extent that such data is associated with or linked to data that allows someone to identify or contact you. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data and includes, but is not limited to, Product Data that is not associated with or linked to data that allows someone to identify or contact you; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
• After you download our Application, we will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, home and billing address information.
• If you access our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
• If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
• When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to identify issues with our Services or offer extended services and/or functionality.
• Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. When necessary we may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information and profile information.
• When you order a Teforia Infuser or other products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
• We may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account, for example, correspondence between you and our customer service agents.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
• Information Collected by the Teforia Infuser. The Teforia Infuser will automatically collect Product Data, including but not limited to the serial number, firmware version of your Tea Infuser and Infuser usage data. The Teforia Infuser will upload the Product Data to our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) and our servers will record the Teforia Infuser settings that you use. To the extent this Product Data is combined with data about you that would allow someone to identify or contact you, it becomes a part of your Personal Data; however, Product Data may also be stored and used by Teforia in anonymized or aggregated form.
• Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver a tailored experience and the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, the version of the iOS (or other operating system) used by your mobile device, and the signal strength of your mobile device. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
• Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
• Flash Cookies. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
• How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do currently stop tracking if requested but we will not retroactively delete data unless you request that we delete your account via published customer support channels.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account or purchase a product, we will collect your and the third party’s names and email addresses in order to send an email and follow up with the third party and credit you for any referrals through our referral program. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and email addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at [email protected] to request the removal of this information from our database.
(e) Information Collected from Third Party Companies We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
(f) Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone. We may also use this information to determine the type of water that is available in your location (i.e., whether it is hard of soft), as the type of water may impact the performance of the Tea Infuser and affect the life of the filters used with the Tea Infuser.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
• provide the Services;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services, and use your Teforia Infuser;
• send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
• recommend teas or blends based on the Product Data from your Tea Infuser (“Tea Recommendations”) and allow you to use these Tea Recommendations, in electronic form as machine instructions only, for use solely with your Tea Infuser;
• send alerts, reminders, and other notifications to you (e.g., notification and recommendations of the availability of specific tea products you may like; reminders about when to change the filter on your Tea Infuser and/or when it is time to order additional tea products; notification of spot level discounts, etc.);
• tailor our Services to your interests and tastes;
• send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
• respond to your inquiries related to support issues, employment opportunities or other requests;
• send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Teforia.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data, including your Tea Recommendations, by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Teforia.
(c) Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any Third Party Company for the Third Party Company’s own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive email communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these emails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of these Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
(d) Payment Services Provider. Teforia uses Stripe Inc.as third party service providers for payment services.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY EMAILING [email protected]. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
(g) Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. Your Profile is intended for public viewing. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the Site or through the Services are also meant for pubic consumption. We may display this content on the Site or through the Services and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you may still be able to edit and delete it on the Site or through the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
8. Third Party Websites
9. Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an email to us at [email protected]. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
(e) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Questions? Contact Us